Watch this video for a relaxation exercise:
Besides this exercise, you may also consider other coping strategies below:
- Take a break from the news and social media
- Eat and drink healthily (more fruits and vegetables)
- Move your body and exercise (avoid crowded places and maintain safe distance)
- Maintain a regular sleeping routine
- Communicate with family and friends virtually without meeting physically
- Pick up a new skill or hobby [e.g. cooking (reducing the frequency of going out)]
- Read a book
- Watch your favourite show/movie
Above all, do follow the advice from your local authority.
Now, it may be the best time to reflect and rekindle with our loved ones who stay under the same roof. We are also more fortunate than many previous generations for the advanced technology we are using today. With Internet & connectivity, we can work, learn and talk to anyone in the world anytime anywhere. Nonetheless, as long as we do our best in abiding the advice, we can be safe. This season will be over like the previous pandemics that mankind has experienced before.
Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.
- Helen Keller